Chasing Dreams Background Seema Bheel is a determined 30 yea...
Launching LIFE (Livelihood initiative for financial empowerment)
Saturday, 17 September 2022
We are happy to announce LIFE (Livelihood initiative for financial empowerment) Project that has started in partnership with LIC HFL CSR. This Project will be implemented in the Madawara block of Lalitpur district of Uttar Pradesh. Project LIFE is LIC HFL CSR initiative to establish a sustainable farmer producer organization to impact the life and livelihood of 8500 small and marginal women farmers in 30 villages of the Madawara block of Lalitpur district of UP – Bundelkhand.
Key Objectives of The Project
- Restoration of rural livelihoods by supporting small and marginal women farmers accessing credit and financial services for procuring collectivization agriculture-inputs and output for better price realization of farm produce.
- To mobilize 8500 women farmers to form their Farmers Producer Organisation and nurture them for sustainable growth.
- To facilitate the market linkages for all women farmers’ producer organizations (FPO) through value chain development of pulses and other farm produce.
- To facilitate the FPO for generating business worth to achieve financial sustainability in the next three years.
- To establish the adequate infrastructure for value additions to improve the economic returns through performing operations like sorting, grading, collection of outputs, packaging, branding, storage etc.
Target geography of the project-
The project will be implemented in Lalitpur, Madawara block of Lalitpur district of Uttar Pradesh – Bundelkhand. The project will reach out to the 8500 marginal women farmers through engaging multi stakeholder.
The duration of the project is 36 months, and it has been started from 1st April 2022. Through a collaboration of LIC HFL CSR, the program aims to create a transformative impact in the lives of rural families. The project objectives are aligned with #SDG 1 (No poverty), 2 (Zero Hunger), 5 (Gender Equality), 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth) and 13 (Climate Action).